MLM TIPS: 12 Key Steps To Successfully Market On Social Media
Building your business on social media can be a confusing, and actually a overwhelming process. I am going to give you 12 Key Steps To Successfully Market On Social Media. It is a long drawn out process, especially if you are not doing it the right way. Now from my own personal experience it does take work, and it will not happen over night. If you are doing it the wrong way, however, you will find yourself just going in circles, with little or no success. Also what success you do have will take a lot longer to achieve and the odds of it being sustainable are against you.
I am not trying by no means to offend anyone, my goal is to help you avoid a lot of the mistakes I personally made. I want to cut your learning curve if you will allow me.
You want success Right? You want to do it the Right Way correct?
Social media seems to be constantly changing, and it is important that we stay on top of those changes. I completely understand, and I know it can feel very overwhelming, not just to a new person, but even to us that have been using social media for our business for years. It seems at times everytime there is a change, and I get a grasp on that something else happens. But to be completely fair, social media is a lot easier to understand today than it was a few years back.
I honestly thought I had pretty well had most of the social media platforms down, and then a good friend of mine hit me with what blew my mind. See my friend Cesar Rodriguez seems to always find the hottest new and effective social media platforms. He tells a story of when he was on MY Space and did not want to use facebook, and how that actually cost him a lot of money. Of course he now uses facebook lol. Well he made the decision back then that he would never make that mistake again. So he emails me and invites me to his webinar, which knowing Cesar, he does not do a ton of webinars, so I had to see what he was so excited about that he wanted to share with me. All I can say was I was absolutely blown away. It was SnapChat and he was talking about how he has people reaching out daily and signing up in his business just from SnapChat. See I know he is telling the truth because we are in the same network marketing company, and all of a sudden he is putting a lot of people into his network marketing business. Of course, Yes I am now on SnapChat, it is going to be HUGE in 2016, but the key to success with SnapChat is doing it the right way. I am so thankful for Cesar providing this. I am also very grateful that Cesar was kind enough to allow me to offer to my following the Free replay of that training so you can do SnapChat the right way from the beginning. Check It Out Here
12 Key Steps To Successfully Market On Social Media
1.Brand YOU. To me this is the most important thing you can do. Do Not brand your MLM company. For starters, what if that MLM happens to go out of business, or you decide to move to another company. All the efforts you have put in, are gone. You must start all over. In all honesty the MLM has enough branding without you branding for them. The key is you want to stand out from all the other reps for that company and all the crap they are putting on social media. And Yes that is how it is looked at as Crap, Spam it really offers no value to anyone, putting the before and after photos, pictures of the products etc. People want to know how YOU can benefit THEM. Always remember PEOPLE do business with People, not products or companies.
2.Always Share Value. The bottom line is you are always learning and growing, in your business. If you are not then all I can say is you really should be. I hear from a lot of people, especially new people, that they do not feel like they have any value to add. This is so far from the truth. My mentor and coach Ray Higdon, uses what he calls ILT. Invest, Learn, Teach. Invest your time, sometimes money, learn something then teach it.For example you are reading this blog. I really believe you will learn something from it, so share it. See you are providing value. I always tell my team, as well as my coaching clients, that even if you feel everyone knows something you just learned, the bottom line is if you learned it, there are a lot of others that do not know it either. You will attract a audience that I will not. The real truth is people are not really looking for a company or even you in particular, what they are really wanting is more time and freedom. If you lead with value, then these people will be attracted to you, regardless of what company you are in. Trust me it works.
3.Build A Targeted Audience. Only you can determine who you want your target audience to be. If you think you can market to everyone, then in reality you are marketing to know one. For example, I personally target MLM/Network Marketers. I target this market because most are doing it all wrong. Not because they are bad people, they just do not have a leader who has taken the time to teach them the right way. So what happens, they follow me as a leader, and then they want to work with me personally in one of my opportunities, because I have provided value, and helped them. I know what it feels like to not have a leader in this industry, and when you ask them how to market they can not really tell you. See I experienced that, and it was not a good experience. I will say I am thankful I did have the experience because I definitely learned what not to do.
If you are for instance in weight loss, you may want to target people for example that like Jenny Craig, or Weight Watchers. See that is a great target audience for you, but if you are into say travel, then that would not be your ideal target audience, a better choice could be people who like the travel channel. You can drill down on your target audience as far as you want to, but the point is you must know who you are marketing to. Who is your target audience?
4. Only Focus Your Main Efforts On 1 to 3 Social Media Platforms. When I started and for years, my only platform was facebook. I will say with all the changes facebook has been making, I felt the need to expand out more, as well as the more I have studied marketing, it is also necessary. I believe in being honest with people, and connecting with them. I personally now use facebook, twitter, and LinkedN. That is the ones I work to build the most. I am on Instagram, Google Plus, Pintrest, YouTube, and you can bet you will see me more and more on SNAPCHAT. I am telling you, this is going to be huge this year for your business. Think of being one of the first on facebook, back in the day, do you think that would make a difference in your business, absolutely. Well I am telling you that will be SNAPCHAT and it is not just for the young.
5. Consistency Is King. It is so important that you understand this. This is one of the hardest things for all marketers. Think of it like this, if you want people to follow you, and be loyal to you, then you must also be loyal to your followers and show up even when you do not feel like it. You need to be engaging with your followers, and posting content everyday, as well as getting new followers.
Now here are a couple of my little secrets that help me out with all of this. I have a facebook fan page, and when you have a fan page, or a business page, you have the ability to schedule post to that site. Once a week I go in an schedule post for my fan page. Now that does not mean I do not check with that page daily, but I also message people from that site as well. On Twitter I use a couple of different sources, one is TweetJuke Box, and Statusbrew, still even with those, I personally get on twitter a couple of times daily building relationships.
6. Engage and Network On Social Media. This is something that is instramental in growing your following. You can not expect anyone to comment and react on your post if you never react and comment on other peoples post. I think everyone does some spying on what other marketers are doing, but don’t just be a spy, comment on their post. You could be learning something from them, that you are going to teach in your own words. The law of the universe is that what you give out, you will get back in return.
A lot of people get mad when they get on a webinar, and someone is selling something. First, the person selling has more often than not provided a great deal of free value, and if you resent that person selling, how can you really expect anyone to buy your product or service? Remember the law of the universe. Be a Giver not a Taker.
If you are not sure on how to talk to people on social media, and you are interested in recruiting there or selling products, my good friend Jessica Higdon, has created an amazing course on social media. Jessica created a 10K a month income all on social media. If you feel this is what you need you can Check It Out Here.
7. You Must Be Transparent and Authentic. Do not under any circumstances try an be someone you are not. People will pick up on that so fast, and all your efforts will be for nothing. People will be attracted to YOU, as long as you are yourself. I always say intergrity is one of your biggest assets, so what ever you do, remember if you do it for the right reasons, are honest and trustworthy, people will see that. If you try and fool someone, they will also see that as well. Be yourself, you will attract people to you, that me or know other marketer can attract. We are all unique in our own ways.
8. DO NOT PITCH!!! I know, you are saying well how am I suppose to recruit, and sell my products if I do not pitch anyone. You are on SOCIAL MEDIA, and people are on there to socializing, and connecting with brands that they like. The most critical thing I hope you get from this post is you are making connections with people’s needs, wants, and desires rather than pitching them. If you chose to pitch them, I can promise you that you will push them away. If you build a relationship with them, when they have a problem and you recommend a product, service, etc. then they are more likely to buy from you. Why, because you have built that relationship. You can also add a story behind your recommendation, or tips on the product.
From personal experience on Twitter, I am pitched numerous times everyday in a PM. I read them and actually feel sorry for them. I am in the process of connecting back with a lot of them, but there are so many it could be a full time job. Would I respond by buying or signing up for any of the offers. even if I was looking? Absolutely not, I do not know this person, or anything about the person. See what I am saying?
9. YOU Must Have A Successful Presence. By this what I mean is you need to have a professional looking photo of yourself. You need to have a professional banner, not pics of your company products. You can go to FIVERR and have a professional banner made for $5. I have a lot of things done on Fiverr, I also use the free version of Canva for a lot of my stuff. You need to have a fan page, and here is the biggy, you really need a blog like this one. Now to be very honest with you, I am technically challenged in so many ways, but you know what I refuse to let that ever be a excuse again. I found a course by again another friend of mine, Tanya Aliza that litterly walked me through building my blog from purchasing a domain name, to having my blog up and running, including optimizing it. This has to be one of the best investments I ever made and trust me I have spent a huge amount of money on coaching, and courses. If you want to see if it is a fit for you, then you can Check It Out Here.
10. Make Sure Your Messages Are Always Congruent. On all the social media platforms, your brand, message must all be congruent. You want your followers to know exactly what to expect from YOU and your post. You can not one day offer tips to help other network marketers, and then the next day be posting for example, travel tips, or weight loss tips. Now I am not saying that you can never mention any of those things in your post. But that would be a secondary thought. Maybe you tried a new airline and just loved it. You could say, hey to all my followers, just returned from a great trip, and flew xyz airlines and they were awesome. If you have plans to fly you might want to check them out. But with that being said, you want you main message for the day to be congruent with what your audience expects to hear from you.
11. This Is Huge!! GET STARTED!!!! I can not emphasize this enough. All the learning and investing in courses will not grow your business if you do not take action. If you must Fake It Til you make it, then do that, now I am not saying to tell anyone you are making a lot of money that you are not making. To me that would be unethical. What I am saying is you will look like a credible authority, if you have a professional fan page, and you are posting value from what you learn. It does not have to be perfect, not one successful network marketer, started out successful. They have all had to grow, and as they grew, so did their business. The same will hold true for you, IF YOU GET STARTED!!!
12. You Must Be Patient. We are in a society which I refer to as the microwave society. We want things right now. You must be patient with your social media presence. Rome was not built in a day, and neither will your social media presence be built in a day. It takes time, one follower, one subscriber to your blog, one post at a time. If you will take the time, be consistent, be congruent with your target audience you will be amazed at the business you will be able to build. It is like a baby learning to walk, it is done one step at a time, with many falls along the way, but with persistence then the baby is able to walk with no assistance. The same will happen for you and your business, if you do it the right way.
The biggest asset your business has is YOU, so start investing in YOU. Remember, to build a strong and lasting business it all starts with YOU!! Your income will be determined by your value, so invest in you getting better. Keep yourself focused on learning and building your business in the right way, do not be distracted by all the things that don’t work, or if they do they are not long lasting.
I want to leave you with one final thought, think of how long it takes a doctor in school, 8 years, and if they want to make really good money, then they must go back and specialize in a particular area. You honestly have your hands on something that can make you more in a year than what the majority of doctors make. Yes you will need to invest in yourself, not just time and some money as you can, but if you build it right, you will be successful, and you will be able to achieve this in 3 to 5 years. Now when I say this, I want you to understand you will make money as you are building, but when I say 3 to 5 years, I am talking about complete financial and time freedom.
To Check Out:
SNAPCHAT TRAINING: CLICK HERE
SOCIAL MEDIA TRAINING: CLICK HERE
BUILDING YOUR OWN BLOG: CLICK HERE
If you enjoyed this post on “MLM TIPS: 12 Key Steps To Successfully Market On Social Media” share and comment below.