How To Handle The I Don’t Have The Time Objection
For this post, I want to make sure you understand How To Handle The I Don’t Have The Time Objection, as well as give you some reasons why you may be hearing it.
Let’s start off with some reasons that could be leading to you hearing this objection in the first place. Now do not take this personally that it is all you because that is absolutely not the case. Everyone in network marketing started at the same place and we have all had to learn. Like the saying goes, we don’t know what we don’t know. I wish for you is that by the end of this post you are more confident in your abilities to handle this objection.
Reasons Why You Could Be Hearing the Objection I Don’t Have The Time
- First off take a look at how long your presentations are. If they are longer than 30 to 45 minutes presenting to one person they are going to think automatically that they do not have time to do what you are doing. If this is something you are doing, practice on making it short and simple. It not only will help alleviate this objection, but it will save you precious time as well.
- Another reason is the prospect just does not see the Vision. It is nothing you are doing wrong, you could be doing everything perfectly. The prospect just does not see how they can make money with your opportunity. So this prospect is saying they don’t have the time just being nice opposed to just saying No.
- Last is the prospect really feels they just do not have the time. It is possibly poor time management, long work hours, busy lifestyle etc. This prospect you can help if handled in the correct way.
Handle The I Don’t Have The Time Objection
For handling the I don’t have the time objections I am going to give you a couple of different ways that you can use for these busy prospects. I believe that not one version is perfect for everyone and that if you have different options you will personally feel more confident in overcoming objections.
Before I get into them I want to remind you to do your affirmations 5 to 10 times before any presentations. If you are not sure what I am referring to here then go back and check out my post on overcoming objections, Click Here To Check It Out. Remember WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT COMES ABOUT!!
For the prospect that really feels they do not have the time: Here is what I would say to them, to make sure that is the true objection:
- Just curious (prospects name) are you really wanting to get into this, or are you just being nice and really and have no real interest? If you have no real interest– that is fine, you can just tell me, you really won’t hurt my feelings. So tell me, aside from the time do you like the concept? Do you see an opportunity here for yourself?
By following up with these questions in a nice friendly way, it can save you a lot of time. If your prospect answer NO they do not see an opportunity or they have NO real interest. You have handled this professionally and close by saying “Cool, not problem, I completely understand that this is not a fit for you. Just curious who do you know that would be interested in making some money right now? By not being the pushy sales person, you really stand a lot better chance of your prospect giving you referrals.
Now if the prospect says YES they do see an opportunity here for themselves, you can try saying something like this:
- Great, here is the deal, starting out I really do not need your time. You know a hundred people that I do not know, so this is how we can really make this work for both of us- set up an introduction. I need you to put me in touch with your most ambitious and sharpest people you know. All I need you to do is set up the appointment and I will personally do the presentation on your behalf, and I will sign them up on your behalf. That way you will start getting paychecks for literally doing nothing.
Now here is what will eventually happen- you will see the paychecks come in, and at that point you will find yourself finding a way to free up a few hours a week to start building this on your own and really take off with it. So if you really do see the value in this let’s get you started right now-ok?
Make sure that you are smiling and looking at the person, and make sure you are committed to doing what you say you will do. If you do not feel that you can do the presentations for the prospect by all means do not say you will. Remember we are here to help people, and honesty is always the best policy.
Now another way to Handle The I Don’t Have The Time Objection is what is called the feel, felt, found -method. You never want to get on the defense with a prospect, what you want to do is validate your prospects concerns and questions, and this method works very well. A lot of network marketers use it with great success. Remember stories sale. So here is an example of what you could say. It can be how you honestly felt, or use someone else’s story.
- I completely understand how you feel, I felt the same way when I got started. I was working a full-time RN job and working this business very part time. But that is not uncommon.
- We have found that most people work this very part time hours working it very part-time into your everyday life on your own time, on your own terms. Starting with just 10 to 15 hours per week, you will be able to build a big business. Tell stories of people who are working the business part time around their busy schedule and are being very successful. That is the beauty of network marketing, the ability to work it part-time and build a very successful business.
One of the most important things to remember is that much of the prospects reaction is determined by how we Respond. The ability to Respond is our Responsibility. Think of it like this, do not be offended by objections, it can mean that the prospect is seriously considering the opportunity, they just have more questions. It does not mean they are blowing you off.
When you are responding to this objection, or any objection make sure that you are responding in a way that has the prospect’s best interest in mind. NO ONE will join you if they think you are just trying to sell them. Your prospect needs to see that YOU have their best interest in mind and that by joining your opportunity it is in their best interest.
Hold posture, yes you need recruits, but you DO NOT need everyone, do not act weak, desperate or salesy, that will definitely not work out for you.
My sincere hope for you now is that you feel more confident in handling this type of objection.
Are there any tips you have when getting the objection “I Don’t Have The Time,” that you would like to share or add?
POST A COMMENT AND JOIN THE CONVERSATION IN THIS “OBJECTION HANDLING TRAINING SERIES.”
I hope you got value from this post, on “Learn How To Professionally Handle The I Don’t Have The Time Objection In MLM,” please comment and share. Help someone else who may need to see this.
If You Don’t have a Team, Haven’t Recruited Anyone (or less than 10 people), This is the Course you Should Get –NETWORK MARKETING TRAINING COURSE